Friday 14 November 2014

Love the little things, week 2

What a week, I've been sooo busy! But for the second week, here's me carrying on with butwhymummywhy to appreciate the little things that have happened this week. Here goes!

Read

I had a presentation to do for university so I have read a lot of text books and journal articles...how exciting, not!

Amelia has had me reading Beatrix Potter stories to her all week. These have been her favourites

 
 

Watched

The Apprentice- My goodness! I don't even know where to start! Relationship Guru?? If Stephen bought that home for us to play I'd probably hit him with it. I'm also pretty sure someone said that you didn't have to be a "rocket surgeon"? There was also one of the contestants (is that even the right word?) who was incredibly aggressive and it made me a feel a bit awkward watching. With a few little grievances aside it still made me laugh and think if these guys can be successful in business there may be hope for me yet!
 
The Fall- I loved the first series. Sadly due to a toddler who was refusing to sleep I didn't get to see all of it but iplayer is great! Although I like this, as it is filmed in Belfast/Northern Ireland I can't help but watch it and spend most of time trying to pinpoint where its been filmed!
 

Wore

My Boden raincoat, its been a must this week sadly. The weather has been horrendous! I have no pictures sadly as I have been running about like crazy all week!
 

Heard

I love The Script! I don't think they have released a song I dislike.
 
 



Made

I have been making granny squares this week. I want to crochet Amelia a blanket. Its slow work. I'm not a very good crocheter (if that's even a word?) but I'm going to give it a go and I've definitely got quicker as the week has gone on!
 
 
Pink is sort of a must for any blanket for Amelia!
 
I've also made knitted one of a pair of leg warmers for Amelia, in grey so I don't know whether they will go down too well! But they are a definite need if the weather continues as it has been!
 
 

and lastly...

The reason I have been super busy this week is that me Stephen have decided we are going to buy a house. We rent at the minute but have had issues with our landlord appearing at the doorstep just as and when she pleases. 
 
The whole process of buying a house however seems huge and with Stephen working a lot of the hard work seems to have fallen to me. So all week I have been doing house viewings! I've definitely found that I'm a lot more picky when it has come to buying instead of renting. I have also realised how important it is to view the houses that we like. There have been some houses we have been keen on and then viewed and they haven't been suitable at all and there are other we have been unfussed about and then loved after we viewed!
 
 
At the moment this is very stressful though and I really hope it gets easier! I keep getting reminded that the more work we put in now the better it will be in the long run!
 
 



butwhymummywhy

No comments:

Post a Comment