Thursday 6 November 2014

Hillsborough and The Chesire Cat

Today was such a lovely day, there was also an argument about going to mother and toddler so I told Amelia we were going for a walk around a lake with Skye.

I decided we would go to Hillsborough forest. Its so lovely and we took some bread for the ducks. I've been here before, this was our spring time visit.

 


 
 So today Amelia decided she was going on her bike.

 
Getting pushed everywhere was tough work.



 
We had to stop every once in while to splash in every single puddle we found.
 
http://www.cheshirecattoyshop.co.uk/
 
After our walk, very tired and with a very muddy dog we decided to call at a toy shop in Hillsborough called The Cheshire Cat. I love this shop, I remember when I was younger my mum and dad would take me, my brother and my sister for a walk and we would always stop at The Cheshire Cat on the way back. I even remember one day there was a French skipping rope (I think that was what it was called) I really wanted, it was an elastic that was in a loop and 2 people stood a little bit apart with feet a shoulder widths apart. Then you would jump in and out, it was great fun! We went all the way to Hillsborough to get it from The Cheshire Cat. I still find it hard to imagine how hard Christmas shopping would be without the internet!
 

 
 
So, when you first enter the door there is a big grey rocking horse called Dapple that Amelia 'needed' to sit on. Then you go through another door and there's a little sort of trinket/homeware/jewellery shop then at the back there's a room full of toys. On to what Amelia bought, she chose a little bracelet watch.
 

 


 
 
The bigger toy she chose was a set of wooden dolls. These are so sweet and Amelia is fascinated by the idea of family at the minute.
 

 
 There was a grandma and grandad, a mummy and daddy, children and a cat and a dog. She cuddled the box all the way home! I definitely think I might look at getting a dolls house or something like that for her for Christmas to play with them in.
 
 
Heres a link to the dolls if you can't get to Hillsborough to buy them!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment