Thursday 30 October 2014

Mummy I have lost my brains

"Mummy I can't stop being silly I've lost my brains"

This is something Amelia said to me on Saturday while at my mum' house for dinner. On further quizzing about this she told me that she lost her brains at night and also she looses her brains as she gets bigger...When I asked her where she went she told me "out the back of my head".

This made me laugh for about half an hour.

One of the best things about being Amelia's mummy and I'm sure all mummies feel the same are the little things our children say that are just really 'laugh out loud' funny.

Here are a few of my favorites:

"Dogs you are just impossible. You never do anything I ask you to." Someday Amelia will realise that Toby and Skye don't do anything I say either unless I have food for them. Then I might get half a sit.

When asked why she was sad "I don't have a cuckoo clock" I've no idea why she wanted a cuckoo clock or where she heard about cuckoo clocks from.

"Mummy for your birthday I am going to get you a slug and a snail.".As lovely a thought as this was I was quite glad Amelia forgot to get these for me. Now it's coming up to Christmas I have been told I will be getting a Doc McStuffins chair this year.

When asked to help me tidy up her toys "I just can't mummy I'm so stressed out about all the things I have to do" when I asked what she had to do she went quiet and stated "I can't tidy up because my arm muscles are too weak."

All these little memories are so special and I'll definitely laugh about them with Amelia when she's older!


No comments:

Post a Comment